Sunday, November 21, 2010

A cold in my head

So here am I, home on a Sunday morning with a cold in my head, a sore throat, and the general maliase that accompanies any good sickness. My older son has been messing with a cold for several weeks; the baby has been congested for about a week, and I guess now it is my turn. The thing I hate about being sick (well, there are lots of things to dislike) is that it takes me F-O-R-E-V-E-R to get over things. I'd say, on the average, it takes me twice as long to kick a virus as most people. I blame all my allergies. Gotta love them allergies--they are seriously hard on the immune system. So while being sick kind of stinks, the prospect of being sick for the next month really stinks. Hopefully my immune system will prove me wrong for once and I'll be feeling better before Thanksgiving.


I know I've been AWOL again from the blogosphere. Sorry about that--I've been absolutely snowed with work! I'm still working on those wedding invitations for our priest's daughter, plus I'm trying to get some Christmas projects made (no progress on those yet) and finish my own Christmas cards. Oh, and make a bunch of Valentines, since the From Our Hearts deadline for Valentines is December 26. Oy. Did I mention that after months of being my awesome good sleeping baby, Max has started getting up at night? I hate teething. (His, not mine)



So, two cards to share today--these were in the last box I sent to the troops. It was a handy way to use up a few dsp scraps I had lying around. I think I made 8 of each card. I've been experimenting a little with stamping directly on the dsp and I think I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!