Well, I'm back after a nice week at my parents' place with the boys. I'd hoped to hit the ground running and get the house back in order plus do some damage in my stamp room, but alas, I've been felled by the mighty flu virus or some such thing. I started feeling rotten yesterday afternoon and by early evening was running a low grade fever plus lots of body aches and a pretty decent headache. I went to bed earlier than usual with chills, and then woke up this morning in a bad way. I'm mostly just wiped out now, and I can tell I'm still running a little bit of a fever, so I'm in pajama pants and a tshirt, just lounging around for the most part. Unfortunately, moms don't get to be sick on the couch all day. Thank goodness today was a babysitting day for my toddler or I'd really be up a creek. He is napping now, and the baby seems pretty content to just sit on my lap, so I'm probably going to spend the afternoon on the couch watching Alias.

I do, however, have some eye candy from before my trip. The son of a friend of ours turned one in August and we were invited to the birthday party, which was held at Valley Forge National Park. It was an incredibly hot and steamy day, but the kids had fun. This is the card I made to go along with the gift we brought. I think that ol' sock monkey is perfect for children's cards. I also like the watercoloring effect--it completely changes the look of the image, in my opinion.
Supplies:
Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, Real Red cs, Watercolor paper
Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Not Quite Navy ink, Staz On
Birthday bliss, Sock Monkey stamps
Aqua Painter
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!