Friday, September 22, 2023

Meditations on Life

My older three kids just returned from their Upper School retreat but they are tired, so the house is strangely quiet.  Ponchik had me and my husband all to herself for 2.5 days and that was a unique experience for everyone!  I thought she would talk our ears off (because she isn't called Talky Pants for nothing) but actually, she was pretty quiet.  And slow.  So, so, so slow.  She's pokey at the best of times, but without her siblings as a prod, everything took twice as long.

I'm hesitant to even write this, because it can be bad for me as a writer, but I'm circling something right now, creatively speaking.  I don't even know if it will become a story, or it is just some creative process I'm being asked to go through for some other reason.  But the process is harder than I thought it would be.  There are a lot of pieces that have shaken loose inside me and they are jumbling around and it is uncomfortable.  And I wasn't looking for it!  It just kind of fell into my lap unexpectedly this summer.  I was thinking maybe I only had two books in me.  And maybe I do, since I don't yet know what "this" is.  But synchronicity is something I don't like to ignore, so I'm sitting with it all and trying to make sense of what I'm circling around and why.  Which is a long roundabout way of saying nothing at all.

While this has nothing to do with the work above, I recently ran across this beautiful interview between Stephen Colbert and Anderson Cooper about grief, faith, and life.  It's not very long and I highly recommend it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!