I seem to get a bunch of things off needles at the end of April or beginning of May, but that's okay; it just means I have new things to wear when it gets cold in the fall! In truth, I was able to wear this sweater all day Thursday in perfect comfort, as the temps are still chilly this week--yay!!
This is the Everyday Sweater by DreaRenee Knits. It is an extremely straightforward and easy knit and went more quickly than I would have expected, given the weight and plain stitches, but I worked on it here and there from late February to early this week and finished it! I used sport weight Wool of the Andes yarn in the Papaya Heather colorway. It is a peachy-pink with some yellow heathering that gives the color depth and tonality. I love it.
The Everyday Sweater pattern is nearly identical to the Stripes! one, except for the collar and hem ribbing, so I sized up to the third size, hoping to get the ease of Andrea's version but didn't quite get there. I'm still not sure why her collar stands up and mine doesn't, but I see from others' versions that this is common, so it must be an ease thing. It is a very comfy sweater, though, so it's okay. I also added more stitches to the sleeves and decreased less based on my last sweater. I'm pretty happy with the sleeve fit on this one.
Also, the yardage is WAY overstated, as seems to be common with her patterns. I have more than half the yarn left that I bought based on the pattern yardage recommendation. I might use it for a mosaic sweater in combination with some other pinks and reds I have hanging around.






I like the fit on this!
ReplyDelete