You all knew this was going to happen, right? That I couldn't leave it alone? That I would fix the plaid matching on the sides of my flannel skirt?
Right. I went (by myself!) to visit my parents over the Thanksgiving weekend. It was the first time I've been away from my children for more than 24 hours, so that was kind of strange, but it was super fun and great to hang out with my family for 2 days without my kids, so there's that. My sisters and I sang a couple of songs for my dad on Sunday night--not too badly for scant practice beforehand! I'll spare you the video. 😉
The trip was SO worth the major hives I have on my face, scalp, and neck from the N95 mask I wore the whole time (probably some undisclosed latex). I took the flannel skirt along and wore it but the misaligned sides really bugged me, and I figured it wouldn't take that much to fix it.
I unpicked the sides and the waist facing and realigned it on the darker stripes (it's not perfectly symmetrical color-wise, but it is visually lined up, which is what I was going for). I decided to cut a bemberg facing to reduce bulk on the waistline, and while I did accomplish that, I'm still undecided about whether I like it.
Anyway, it didn't take that long to unpick and re-sew, and I only lost about an inch of depth on the pockets (which were deep to start with). The skirt is slightly shorter, but I also kept the 1.5" hem, so if I wanted it longer, I could make the hem shallower. All in all, a good fix!





still praying! I love the skirt! lots of love!
ReplyDelete