Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Racing Stripes

I mentioned last week that I had taken apart my spruce Elemental skirt to add some extra fabric to the side seams, since it had come out slightly too snug for comfort.  There was just a bit of fabric left, but enough to cut out two 1" strips that followed the curve of the side seam.  


From the experience of making my Woodrose skirt, I knew that I needed an extra 1/2" on the sides, and figured a 1" strip with 1/4" seam allowances on both sides would get me there.  I wouldn't do it on purpose, but as a fix with no alternatives, it worked pretty well!  


I'm hoping it looks like a design element, but even if not, the skirt is so much more comfortable that I don't actually care that much.  I wore this outfit over the weekend and it was supremely comfortable.

 

Sadly, I think yesterday was my last day for tights until fall (and even yesterday was a bit of a stretch).  The temps are climbing again and the humidity is back (wahh!  I had just got rid of the 3 pounds of water I was holding from the last heat wave.  So it goes).  

But I'm grateful for the brief reprieve anyway.

1 comment:

  1. God be with you! Love that you have clothes that make you happy 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!