I know, I know, a lot of posting from me in the past week. Can you stand another? This is the butterfly dress I made from the Cotton+Steel lawn that I got the bolt end from fabric.com.
The fabric was on crazy good sale (almost half price!) and I ended up getting more than three yards for the price of two. I'm not exactly sure what drew me to this fabric, but I do like the colors very much, and it goes well with my teal-mint-lemon-orange-rust color palette this year.
Not much to say about this one, because I pretty much followed the same script as my Woodland Birds dress: shorter sleeves, narrower skirt sweep, waist casing and tie, 1" hem. I think I skipped the bias at the neckline on this too (as well as the Woodland version.
Lawn and pre-made bias don't seem to play very well together over
time). I just made a baby hem around the neckline and sleeves by
rolling it under a couple times and pinning. Pesky, but a nice finish.
I dig it with my pale yellow amber necklace and coordinating earrings. I'm finding this year I'm wearing my regular jewelry with my summer clothes, instead of my summery kitchy jewelry, and I'm liking it better, because it feels more like the winter parts of me that I miss in the summer.
I thrifted a short-waisted pointelle cotton sweater in a bright aqua-teal color that goes really well with this dress too. I wore the combo for traveling and the pullover sweater was perfect--I'm not feeling any of my cardigans so much right now. What is wrong with me? (Answer: everything. And nothing).
So, that's it for new makes for now. I did make a linen Rose skirt for the fall that I'm saving to wear then, so will show that in a few months.





I am, for sure, a rust, mustard, olive sort of person. I am wearing peach, rust, and navy at this moment. NEVER would have thought of teal to go with! What a lovely combo!!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I hope the humidity hasn't melted you yet. We have had a week of 80+ here in the PNW, but my brother recently moved to York, and he said it is terrible out there humidity wise.
Caryn
Yeah, it's been pretty gross here too--high 80s and low 90s, with 70% humidity or more. Hurricane season started way too early this year. Thankfully today was a little bit cooler (low 80s, and probably 60% humidity), so there was that.
DeleteI love rust and teal (or mint!) together--it's a particular favorite combo of mine. :)