Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Another Carbeth!

So I finished another Carbeth pullover sweater.  This one went lickety-split because I was using bulky yarn and I didn't have to weave in nearly as many ends!  (Apologies for the not-very-detailed photos.  We were taking them quick-a-minute this morning on a museum outing with my parents, and the girls were restless).


I made my usual modifications: size 2, but with a waist taper of 20 stitches from the cast on at the bottom.  I'm considering making one of these as written, but I think the taper is more flattering so, I probably won't.  I think I'm done with Carbeths for this season anyway.  I keep thinking it would be interesting to try deeper ribbing on the body of the sweater, but I always forget.  I also would like to try sizing down another needle on the ribbing.  My gauge has been 10.5 for all my Carbeths, and I size down to a 10 for the ribbing, but I'm curious to know how it would look with doing the ribbing on a 9.


I also made the turtleneck a bit longer than called for because I wanted it to flop slightly.  I considered making it a cowl neckline, but I was playing yarn chicken slightly and wasn't sure I had enough (I probably did, but it is fine as is).


No other things to note!  I used Wool of the Andes bulky yarn.  The colorway is a deep teal green (I know it looks more blue in these photos, but it has a definite spruce-green cast to it.  It is a lovely shade that is difficult to photograph accurately).  I also made the body slightly more cropped than my previous iterations--I think this one is 9" from the bottom to the underarm and it is just about perfect. 

I'm actually wearing this over a dress, which is great, as this dress isn't very warm on its own, but I don't like how it looks with a cardigan.  (I'm just not into cardigans this year, for whatever reason).  This sweater is just the thing (I've worn my other Carbeth pullover with this dress too, which gave me the idea!).  I think this color would also look good with my orange Everyday Skirt as well.

I immediately cast on a wrap/shawl/cowl thing, and have plans for a Pabaigh this spring too.  This is a knitting season for me, I guess!

3 comments:

  1. OK, so you look GORGEOUS. That sweater with dress combo + your hair ETC is just perfect. well done with the sweater, I love the look and colour of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sweater - it looks nice and cosy. I didn't realise you had a dress underneath - but it looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!