Thursday, January 10, 2019

Twelve


I feel somewhat obliged to write something about this day today, but I find I do not have the words to do so.  It is not that this year is particularly hard in terms of my grief journey; it isn't.  Twelve years ago, Philip left us for the bosom of Abraham.  I've written a fair bit about it over the years, and I have nothing new to add. 

I'm melancholy today, and I have been hyper-aware of the date, but mostly it has just been a day like any other. 

I do reflect a bit more on grief these days, in part because it is the backbone of my book, but also because it changes over time, as I have changed over time.  Twelve years is a long time to live without someone.


But it has become bearable, the absence.  A note in the background, rather than the symphony of my life.

2 comments:

  1. sending you a hug. I get that, the grief being there but not being the whole. I look forward to reading that book you know. I have faith in you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot imagine your grief. But I am amazed by your resilience. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!