Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Project 333: Fall 2017 Wrap

I know it is a little bit early for a wrap post, but as in my summer, the rest of my week is kind of shot, so today was the day to make the clothing swap.  (The weather is also consistently colder the last week and I'm feeling like my clothes aren't warm enough!)

Forgive me for not having a cool collage this time--the software I used to use for it now wants to charge me an arm to use it, so you'll have to put up with a row of photos instead.  

Chambray skirt, Marigold linen skirt, denim pencil skirt, chambray shirt (not pictured: burgundy skinny jeans)

I didn't change a lot about my rotation (which is a good thing, on the whole).  I did feel like I had two micro-rotations, as our fall weather varies from 100+ degrees to below freezing, and my clothes have to accommodate that shift.  

Coral double gauze dress, Liberty #1 lawn dress, Blue Forest double gauze dress, Eggplant Birch dress

The double gauze and lawn dresses were primarily for the heat that lasted until mid-October.  I didn't actually wear my Birch dress as much as I thought I would.  I did wear it to a wedding in September, but ended up not wearing it to the wedding in October.  My main problem is that I didn't have the right layers for this dress.  Next year I will make sure to include a black wool cardigan in this rotation, as it would have made the Birch dress more useful once the weather cooled (I did pull it out at the very end of my rotation to wear it once).

Chambray dress, Rennie dress, blue linen dress, garnet knit dress

The chambray dress wasn't as useful as I envisioned, but I did wear it quite a bit, mostly in the warmer half of the rotation.  It was a little thin once the weather cooled significantly.  The Rennie dress was the surprise hit of this rotation--I wore it constantly.  The blue linen dress is worn out and fits me badly now.  I tried to fix it earlier in the fall but it didn't help much.  I also have never liked how the shoulders fit on that dress (I cut the back neckline too low).  Plus it is just sad looking after so much heavy wear this past year.  So it goes.  The knit dress was my "nice" dress for this rotation.  I wore it to Washington DC for my husband's Senate confirmation hearing in October and it was just the thing.

Cross hatch dress, black tank dress, Bluebird dress

I wore my Cross Hatch dress quite a lot too.  The Bluebird dress got a lot of wear as well.  The black tank dress was great with light layers in the early part of the fall, but didn't work at all once it got cold. 

Purple wool-cotton cardigan, Yellow Brick Road cardigan, L'Enveloppe #2

I wished I had another warm sweater or two, and ended up taking my gray pullover out of my winter bin in November because I was so cold all the time.  I'll probably put it in the rotation next fall as well.  I'm also not thrilled with how the Yellow Brick Road cardigan fits me.  It is okay as a pullover, but it really flaps in the front when worn open (as I usually do) and I'm constantly adjusting the fit on the shoulders.  I also wish it was shorter.

Purple elbow sleeve tshirt, navy 3/4 sleeve cardigan, yellow 3/4 sleeve cardigan, orange 3/4 sleeve cardigan

These were my light layers for the early part of the rotation.  The cardigans were especially useful.

striped boatneck shirt, green long sleeve tshirt, burgundy long sleeve tshirt, orange henley, brown 3/4 sleeve tshirt, navy battenburg 3/4 sleeve shirt, purple henley, navy blue long sleeve tshirt, blue marl cotton pullover (not pictured: black 3/4 sleeve tshirt, gray wool pullover)

I wore most of these shirts as undershirts, but sometimes as just a regular layer with a skirt too.  The burgundy shirt was probably the most-worn shirt as it went with several dresses.  My marigold linen skirt got HEAVY wear this fall.  It was easily my favorite thing this rotation.

I'm pretty happy with how this rotation turned out, and liked that it was stable throughout the fall.  I didn't really make very much and I didn't feel the need to add much.  I was a bit sick of the dresses by the end, though.  I'm glad to have my winter rotation now!  Winter rotation tomorrow!!

2 comments:

  1. I like your wardrobe! I have thought about doing something similar, but because our weather ranges yearly from terribly hot to pleasant, I wear almost the same things year round. Spring means I put away the coats and sweaters, and the few long sleeved shirts. Summer means I pull out the bathing suit. Fall and winter are pretty indistinguishable because most of fall belongs to summer, so it means I pull out a few cardigans to wear in the early morning and evening, and the coats for the 3-5 cold days. However, the main layers vary almost not at all. It’s quite monotonous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will say, I think I would do this even if the weather was fairly consistent, just to keep things interesting. I find it helps to put away some things for a few months so I don't get bored, even if they are appropriate for the weather. My Bluebird dress could be worn year round, but I'd get sick of it, so I rotate it in and out. I have a few other dresses like that too, so I find it helps to pick a rotation to put them into. I generally don't like to carry over a dress for more than two rotations in a row.

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!