This dress was hard to photograph because it is so light, but I really like it. The fabric print has a 1930s/1940s feel to it, and the lightness of the lawn makes it an ideal summer dress. I could easily imagine this dress on a WWII-era housewife.
The fabric is from Moda, a company I've not really bought from before, but I will be looking at again. The fabric was really lovely to work with, even nicer to wear, and I really like the vintage vibe of their prints.
Not much to say about construction, as this is just like everything else I've made lately. I've discovered that a good back elastic length is 6"; I've noticed that almost all my dresses that survived last summer need to be snugged up several inches in the back, so it is good to have that as a guide.
I thought patch pockets went better with the 1940s feel of the print. I could easily imagine this on a feedsack.
My happy face at a successful dress project.
And Keds again.
A happy late addition to the summer rotation! (This might even work in my spring rotation; it has layering possiblities and I always like to have a lawn dress or two in my spring). I'm to the point of feeling pretty happy with my rotation this year. I'm really not wearing my separates much, but I'm okay with that, I think. To everything a season. I have enough dresses for variety and I don't have to think much about getting dressed in the morning, which is a plus at this stage of my life.

this looks like a restful comfortable dress, nice fit and fun pattern! :)
ReplyDeleteGreat fabric, and I love the detailing on the pockets!
ReplyDeleteLooks nice on you. You're a pretty lady.
ReplyDelete