First official make of the new year! Technically, it is the second, as I made a second canvas-linen dress last week, but I haven't worn it yet, as the sweater I'm knitting to go with it isn't quite finished.
This is the second of the Mammoth plaid flannel dresses, and I'm totally thrilled with the result. It is warm and comfortable and I like the neutral palette.
I did actually attempt to pattern match on this version, and the shoulders and one side seam came out pretty well. The other side seam does match, but not on the same stripe, so it doesn't look quite as clean.
In my plaid matching efforts, I ended up cutting out the back slightly smaller than I've been doing (it is closer in size to the front; long time readers will remember that my front and back pattern pieces are a size apart. After making this dress, I'm thinking it might be time to start cutting the back to match the front, size-wise) I did make my side seams 3/8" to make sure I had enough ease, and I think it is fine this way.
Apologies for wrinkles; I had to wait until after school drop off to take pictures, so I'm a bit rumpled.
This cowl just goes with so much of my closet this rotation. I do want a few more colors, but I have to finish some legwarmers for Birdie as well as the cardigan I'm working on. I ended up shelving the Rincleau pullover I'm working on because I wanted to get that cardigan done. I'm finished with the body and had just started one of the sleeves, so I might be able to get some wear out of it this winter yet. We'll see.
Did my pocket on the bias again and like the contrast very much. This fabric is so lovely--I really love the crepe-like texture and the plush feeling.
I found this pair of Timberland boots for a great price on ebay last week and snapped them up, as I like to have two pairs of boots in winter time, and my other pair is really better for super cold weather. I wanted something for days like today which are chilly but not arctic. I think I like them--the footbed needs some getting used to, but overall, they are comfortable and easy to take on and off. I would like to find an unlined pair like this for spring.
Just the facts:
Smoke plaid dress: Robert Kaufman Mammoth flannel, Simplicity 1080, bias tape, elastic
Tights: Foot traffic via Sock Dreams
Boots: Timberland via ebay
Neckwarmer: made from Main Street Reserve wool-cotton blend (Knit Picks retired)
Undershirt: gap via thredup
Earrings: inherited from my gram
very fun! nice boot find too!
ReplyDelete