I worked most of the morning on a pretty self-indulgent post. It was navel-gazing in the extreme, and I felt weird about writing it in the first place, and was hesitant to post it. I'm glad I left it in my drafts because when I went to read my feedly, I discovered that the lovely Jessica of Chronically Vintage has lost everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) in a tragic and senseless fire that consumed her home and everything in it. She and her husband literally escaped with the clothes on their backs and are homeless and completely without property aside from their car.
She wrote about what happened today. If you are so minded, please read, and consider giving to the funding account her friends and family have set up for her. She is a lovely person who've I had the opportunity to get to know a little bit first through her blog, then through the combox here on my blog, and lately through private correspondence. She is a sweet person with a big heart, and I really feel for her situation. I can only imagine the devastation that she and her husband are feeling right now.
She and her husband both ran home-based businesses, and they lost everything related to their livelihoods in the fire as well. They will need a big helping hand to put their lives back together.
Please consider giving.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!