Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Yarn Along: School Days

The kids are back to school today!  I almost didn't know what to do with myself after drop off this morning.  Ponchik was with a sitter this morning, and after I got home on the bus, I decided to tackle one of the woven projects in my sewing queue.  I finished that up a little while ago, and now am settling in for an afternoon of knitting.  I've been enjoying Inspector Lewis (my mom got me hooked this summer, so I went back and started at the beginning of the series; I'm debating whether to pay for the final season or just wait until it goes Prime on amazon).  I also found out Laurence Fox sings!  (He plays Inspector Hathaway)  I bought his album last week and have been enjoying it immensely.  The man has chops.


On my kindle, I'm reading The Theory of Death by Faye Kellerman--I've been reading the Decker/Lazarus mystery series for a long time now, but I got behind a few books, so I've been catching up the last few weeks.  I read Gun Games, Murder 101, and The Beast (I got slightly out of order, but so it goes).  I just needed something light these last weeks.


I started working on Boo's sweater vest this week, after doing a swatch.  It is coming out pretty dense, but he struggles with being cold more than my other kids, so I think it will be fine for him. I'm using Swish superwash wool because that kid is a mess.  He's like Pig Pen--put something on him and it immediately looks disheveled.  He loves red, though, so I hope he likes it.


My dad's birthday was Friday, and he was pleased to receive his sweater vest!  I'm just glad it fits!!


Meanwhile, this is the view out of my front door today.  They do seem to be moving down the block at a good clip--they started at one end last Monday (29th) and we are about a third of the way down.  They are replacing the sewer main, and it smells a little...interesting outside.  Oh, and the water is off.  Again.


Linking with Ginny for Yarn Along!

1 comment:

  1. lots here! it is a big change, the summer's end, school begins! God bless you in all of this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!