(I have no idea if anyone cares about this process except for me, but I find documenting it here is helpful to me).
I confess, I was fairly eager to switch over to my winter rotation this week. The temps have dropped down (not super cold, but the house feels cold to me), so I'm craving layers and wool! I'm excited about the new stuff I've made (three dresses and two skirts), and a few key pieces I bought new (a plaid twill skirt from eShakti, a cowl neck sweater from Macy's, and two merino cardigans from Gap).
Top left: black cotton pullover sweater, blue shawl collar cardigan
Middle left: purple-brown merino turtleneck, red cotton cardigan, coral cotton cardigan, shawl collar wool/cotton cardigan
Bottom left: plaid flannel skirt (blog post coming soon!), Black Watch plaid skirt, rust corduroy skirt, denim skirt
Right: Boxcar dress, Chambray dress, Midnight sky dress (blog post coming soon!), Peacock Twill dress (blog post coming soon!)
I was also chuffed to discover that several skirts that I'd written off as never fitting again either fit well now or are very close to fitting well! I included them in my photo line up, even though two of them are still a bit snug through the hips. I think another five or seven pounds down and they will fit rather well. I'm listing them in the line up on the understanding that when they fit, several other skirts will probably be too big, so I will swap them out.
Left:
Plaid Pyjama dress, Axcess pullover cardigan, Tokyo Train Ride dress, green cowl neck sweater
Top right: eShakti plaid flannel twill skirt (this will be a great addition to the fall rotation for next year)
Bottom right: Cotton + Steel Berry Tinsel fabric, for Christmas dress
I still have two more dresses to sew--my Christmas dress and another regular dress for the rotation. I have them cut out, and just need a couple of mornings to put them together. Because I made myself sew a bunch of my winter projects in November, I don't feel a lot of pressure to finish these last two right away. I have enough new stuff to wear, and plenty of ways to mix and match the old. As we don't celebrate Christmas for more than a month, I will probably be ready for a little something fresh, so I may just wait to sew these up until the winter break at the end of December. I'll see how I'm feeling--as I said, my energy levels haven't been that great, and I've been a bit more focused on my knitting.
Top left: heavy black cardigan, purple merino cardigan, green merino pullover, blue merino pullover
Middle left: green wool skirt (almost fits!), German wool pleated skirt (almost fits!)
Bottom left: Cotton + Steel Zephyr fabric, for a dress
Right: Plaid flannel vintage skirt (fits again!), red-orange merino cardigan, eShakti black knit dress, eShakti green knit dress
I plan to layer thin long sleeve knit shirts under the short-sleeved dresses, but the shirts are more like undershirts, so I'm not counting them toward the 33. (I count shirts that I wear as undershirts and outer shirts, but not the handful of shirts I only wear under other things). I have several knitting projects in progress that I will add to my rotation as I finish them, but this is a good place to start!
*Apologies for atrocious photos--the days have been dimmer than dim and it was hard to get things properly lighted as I was changing everything around.



Augh, so much amazing plaid!
ReplyDeleteDon't get too jealous--two of the plaid things have already turned out to be duds--the skirt from eshatki ended up fitting me really weirdly, and the plaid dress was a total bust (blog post later this week). Oh well. At least I still have a bit for the season!
Delete