Sunday, November 15, 2015

~wiws~The Fit is In

I love this blouse, but it hasn't gotten as much wear as I would have liked because I didn't really have a great cardigan to wear with it--especially not a heavier weight one.  I love rust and green together, so I knew my Ramona would be the perfect pairing for this blouse and skirt for church today.  As I said yesterday, the weather has turned quite chilly, and I'm suddenly wanting All The Wool Things in my closet.  I can't knit fast enough!!


I promised myself that I would have a little knitting treat after I finish up the 1918 Outing Sweater.  That has been a beast of a sweater to knit.  I tried it on after completing the body, and realized it wasn't going to suit me at all--it is nearly dress length on me, and just doesn't really look right on my frame.  


I'm on a costuming forum for the 1910s, so I asked there if anyone wanted to take it off my hands, and I had several takers immediately!  So as soon as I finish the collar on this bad boy, it is going in the mail to Sharon B., and I'm going to cast on something fun--probably the Hitchhiker scarf, because I've had the yarn to make it for ages and it seems like a fun side project.  I seem to need several things going on needles so I don't get bored. 


I wore the sweater all day yesterday and was so warm and cozy--I'm happier with the fit the more I wear it.


I mentioned that I took in this skirt 2" on the hips and almost 4" on the waist last weekend--I thought it might be worth showing the fit difference.  It is a lot better now!  It is definitely not a skirt to wear to a big meal, but I'm much happier with how it looks and feels now.  Since I had to pull the waist band off anyway, I remade the whole waistband with 1" petersham interfacing and I'm much happier with it.  


I think those vertical lines across the back are wrinkles, not drag lines.  I also worked a buttonhole and put on the original vintage button I meant to use when I first made the skirt.  It all looks much more professionally finished now.  I really love this style of skirt, especially for the colder months.


I'm off to church in a little while.  Hopefully I can get a PLN (Post-Liturgical Nap) this afternoon.

Just the facts:
Autumn Flowers blouse: me-made from vintage fabric
Ramona cardigan: me-made from Valley Yarns Amherst merino yarn, vintage buttons
Rust Corduroy skirt: me-made from Robert Kaufman heavy-weight corduroy, Anne Adams pattern
Amber necklace: etsy
Earrings: Target 
Tights: Foot Traffic Signature Cotton Tights (my favorites!)
Boots: Macy's

Linking up with FLAP for What I Wore Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!