Rochelle over at Lucky Lucille announced the Spring for Cotton sewing challenge last week, and I'm pleased to join in the fun! I don't think I'll be quite as prolific as last year's Sew for Victory challenge, but Spring for Cotton is meant to be a one-garment deal anyway. I spent some time over the weekend cutting out fabric, and have nearly all my planned garments for the spring and early summer cut out now. (I just have to cut out one more dress, but it is a new pattern, and I admit I'm a little intimidated...a problem for another day) As almost everything I'm sewing this spring is cotton, it was easy to pick one for the challenge.
I'm using Penny Rose Hope Garden in Red fabric for Spring for Cotton and a vintage button/buckle card I've had for a while that just happens to coordinate perfectly. (The green in the fabric is actually much darker/richer than pictured--it is a nice dark kelly green color)
I've got yarn to make a coordinating cardigan (although I might not get that done this spring) and I really love the fabric. I used Penny Rose fabric for the Green Geometry dress, and I'm quite pleased with how it wears throughout the day, so I'm confident that this red floral dress will work just as well.
I'm using my Frankenpattern with a couple of mods to keep things interesting, but I'll just wait to give all the details until I'm ready for the reveal. I'm currently fighting a nasty chest infection (thanks to the kids) so I'm probably not going to get stitching until next week at the earliest, but at least I have everything cut out and my supplies are gathered together.
For today, however, it's back to my couch to convalesce.




praying for you. good to take it easy and rest first. looking forward to DV seeing these progress.
ReplyDelete