Today was one of those days that I wished I was a continental knitter (as opposed to an English knitter). Continentals hold their yarn in the left hand, making them lightning fast, whereas us English knitters hold it in the right, which slows us down. I have nice tension, but I'm not speedy. One of the things on my to-knit-soon list is gauntlets (specifically, these ones), and I was thinking that this dress in particular would benefit from them, especially as the weather has turned. I think a matching capelet or cowl is in order too, yeah?
Anyway. This is what I wore to Liturgy today. Knit dress from eshakti, scarf from ages ago, tights, danskos. Feeling a bit dumpy, and Geneen Roth says the best thing for dumpy is to wear a red dress, so out this came. I've got to say, she's on to something there.
It's not quite cool enough to bust out my boots, but I think boots + knitteds and this dress would make a killer Outlander-esque outfit. I think it would work with a chemise-like layer underneath as well, for additional warmth and visual interest. I'll have to experiment a bit.
Owl brooch, old earrings.
Details:
Dress: Eshakti
Scarf: Target (several years old)
Owl Brooch: Acorn and Will
Danksos: ebay
Earrings: Kohl's (several years old)
Tights: Foot Traffic in Heather Mocha via Sock Dreams
Hair barrett: St. Augustine Vintage (etsy)
Linking with FLAP.
I always like how you look! And I guess that makes me a continental knitter. I think people who start out crocheting must gravitate naturally toward it. I can't imagine holding the yarn in my right hand.
ReplyDeleteI've heard that too! I learned to crochet as a child, but I never really caught the hang of it. I can do a basic chain stitch to finish a knitted edge, or something simple, and I do remember how to make rows and such, but it ain't pretty. Plus I think my technique is wrong since it is overlaid with my knitting knowledge--I probably hold the yarn wrong for crochet since it always makes my fingers cramp terribly!! But that's okay--I'm pretty happy with knitting, actually. I bet you are a fast knitter though!
DeleteI don't know, I don't have anything to compare to! I really wish I had a friend to sit and knit with. :)
DeleteOh, that would be lovely! :) I love to sit and knit whilst chatting with a friend. Usually I'm the only one knitting, but at least my hands are busy.
Deleteyou look so pretty :)
ReplyDelete