We survived two weeks with my husband away, and I'm still getting my feet back under me. I've got a pretty bad chest infection and the kids are all sick, so I think it is just going to take some time. On the upside, I've gotten a lot of knitting done this week, as I have little energy to do much else.
I took a few quick snaps of my outfit this morning, because it is an easy comfortable Saturday morning ensemble. As my sewing mojo has fled for the moment (and my sewing frustration threshold remains low), I've bought a few things from eshakti lately, just to fill some wardrobe gaps.
One was a chambray skirt. I had one two summers ago that was too big when I bought it, and after I lost weight that year, it was just miles too big and looked it, even with creative pinning. So I passed it along, but really missed having a chambray skirt in my closet.
When one came up on eshakti that was not a gathered skirt, had some nice detailing (trapunto stitching!!), was on sale, and I had a coupon to use, I decided it was time to get another. It is perhaps a smidge longer than what is ideal on my frame, but I've come to the conclusion that I'd much rather have something an inch or two too long than risk showing my knees when baby wearing (which naturally rucks my skirt or dress up a bit).
My only complaint about the chambray that eshakti uses (and maybe this is true of chambray more generally) is that it bleeds blue onto everything! Even the edge of my kitchen counter turned blue after I washed dishes the other night. But otherwise, I'm a happy camper. Pockets, check. Nice length, check. Good weight for spring/summer/fall, check. Now on to other things.
Deets:
Red shirt: Ralph Lauren Petites, thrifted
Chambray skirt: eshakti
Clock necklace: etsy (birthday gift)
Earrings: Modcloth
Shoes: dankso via ebay
Hm. Good to know about the chambray bleeding blue. (Not that that would keep me from getting something, just good to be warned.) I wish I could do some shopping there! Perhaps with some birthday money...
ReplyDeletelooks nice! also loved the red, even nicer to see it yesterday in person! :) praying for you and family RE: health etc.
ReplyDelete