Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Odds and Ends hiatus

I know that many of you have expressed your interest and appreciation for my Odds and Ends posts, which are curated link lists of things that strike my fancy, or inform something I'm thinking about, but I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that perhaps I should step away from this particular category for now.  I do like compiling the lists, and I appreciate the discussion that is often generated, either in the comments or in private, but I'm also finding the task to be burdensome right now, and I question whether continuing to discuss these topics in an online forum is really the best place for them.  I know the internet has sort of taken a life of its own these last few years, and I'm concerned about how much discourse happens there and creates an echo chamber.  Much of it is good, and does inform my thinking, educate my crafting, or simply enhance my world, and I think it serves a purpose, but I'd like to keep the boundaries a little more clear.  Lately they seem blurry to me.  I don't want to make some grand pronouncement about there never being another Odds and Ends post, but to say that they are on indefinite hiatus.  Perhaps I will resume them at some point, perhaps not.  I'm feeling pushed to make some small changes right now, and this is one of them.  I think you may expect a bit less more generally from me in this space for a little while.

2 comments:

  1. will miss these! praying for you and sending love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wise sentiment but we'll miss your particular curation of interesting links.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!