Thursday, January 23, 2014

~phfr~ Snow Days

Linking up with Like Mother, Like Daughter for pictures of everyday contentment.

~pretty~

We got 13 1/2" of snow on Tuesday afternoon starting around 9 a.m. and stopping around midnight.  Which means it was snowing about an inch an hour at some points.  


Made for a nail-biter of a day in terms of commutes, school pick up and travel, but it was pretty!


The Husband argued another case before the Supreme Court on Tuesday, and my dad traveled down to see it, so they were both on Amtrak when the worst of the snow hit.  They were delayed in southern Delaware, but made it back only 30 minutes late, but then waited more than an hour for a cab!  At least everyone was safe and home by 6:00 p.m., however.


~happy~ 


I love winter, I love cold, I love snow.  I find shoveling somewhat cathartic.  We have several elderly neighbors on our side of the street, so I shoveled their sidewalks as well, since I was having a good time and the boys were occupied with 1970s-era Sesame Street (thank you Amazon Instant Watch!)

 

I am also happy to be making real progress on my Knit for Victory sweater!  I've shaped the arm holes and just started shaping the V-neck on the front.  I've been vacillating between a crew and v-neck since I started and I decided a v-neck looks better on me.


~funny~ 

We live in The City That Does Not Plow, which is super annoying during snow falls like this one, but one bonus is being able to sled down the Art Museum steps!  Who needs hills when you can make like Rocky on a sled? (Note: I did not take this photo; it was circulating on Facebook yesterday)


~real~

Unfortunately, this is the sad state of my entry way at the moment--salt crusted on the floor, a damp towel to catch the worst of the tracked in snow and wet, drippy boot trays, a floor broom.  



3 comments:

  1. my dear friend, I just want to tell you that you look so sweet, lovely and cherished in those snow pictures!! I love them!! good for you with the sweater! Yep, snow means messy mud room areas... hang in there; sorry about the lack of sleep; she is so cute... and YAY for older S. St. ... been thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the cold and snow has SOMEONE to appreciate it. ;) Because it ain't me! That little smile sure is warming though.

    ~ Country Girl's Daybook, recently posted: March for Life, 2014 → http://bit.ly/1f9N5n9
    Please vote for Country Girl’s Daybook under the “Best Underappreciated Blog” Section! → http://bit.ly/1dYITpR

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lot of snow! Once in my life I would like to experience that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!