I've been designing projects for my upline, Claire, for her fall stamp camps, and one thing we wanted to try was shadow boxes. I've had in mind to try these for a while, since they look so neat, and can mail flat. I love how they both came out! It was the first time in a while I've done some truly original design work.
On the first one, I used the Comfort Cafe paper as my starting point for a color scheme and went from there. I pulled out the new set Summer Silhouettes and started messing around. It took a few tries to get something I liked, but I'm pretty happy with this result. I also used the new set One in a Million for the sentiment in the middle--this set is great for focal point sentiments, and it has the sentiments paired if you want to stamp something on the inside of the card--how great is that?? I'm planning to give this card to my brother-in-law and soon to be sister-in-law for their wedding that is coming up soon.
When I was digging through my stamps to find Summer Silhouettes, I also pulled out Postage Due and it just screamed SHADOW BOX at me. (Do your stamps do that to you? I find mine are very vocal sometimes). I had a card from the big catalog in my head for the color scheme (Cherry Cobbler, More Mustard, Island Indigo, and Early Espresso), but the whole rest of the card diverged from there.
I just started poking bits here and there and voila, a collage shadow box! I'm very pleased with the way this one came out. If you want to make one yourself, check out Claire's stamp camps for October--it is part of the line up!
I'm off to Payless for the third time in 24 hours to sort out Boo's shoes for the wedding. I should have just taken him with me to begin with, but every outing with him is such an ordeal, I was hoping to avoid it. Oh well. At least I know they have the next size in stock. Wish me luck!






No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!